LuaFFI?

• Hey there, I was wondering if there is any possibility to have LuaFFI libraries from LuaPower in case that we're running a Lua state which we're not able to control within it's source code (from another program that supports Lua coding for example, but not LuaJIT). If that was possible we might be able to run all the FFI bindings from LuaPower on those old programs that still used to run Lua (perhaps from Lua 5.1.4 which I belive that used to be the most used version of Lua in those days).

Out-of-topic: I was using your zlib library in a program I'm developing but I couldn't find a license file, so I added a link to https://luapower.com/zlib. Is that okay?

Views

• Hi Alonso,

Testing (and probably porting) all packages on Lua + luaffi is beyond my capacity at the moment. You are welcome to do that and maintain that yourself if you want. You will need to:

• add Lua and luaffi as two separate repositories (on your github account, on github.com/luapower or somewhere else, however you prefer, luapower doesn't care where packages come from)
    • make build scripts for them that work with the luapower toolchain
    • build them for the platforms you care about (all luapower packages so far have binaries for Windows, OSX and Linux, 32bit and 64bit, but you can build for whatever platform you want, it's your choice).

I'll to assist you if you want to try this.

About zlib license, don't worry about it. All my code is Public Domain. I added that now in zlib.lua. I hope that's enough for your legal requirements (if not, please let me know).

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!