LUA POWER IS
- a binary + source distribution of LuaJIT and Lua modules
- a platform for publishing Lua modules
- LOW-TECH: based on http, zip, and git
- PORTABLE: no install, no deploy, just run
- MODULAR: each module is a separate git project
- ON GITHUB: fork/pull-request-based collaboration
- NO DIRECTORIES: all modules in a single directory
- BINARIES for all platforms: get code running in minutes
- SOURCES & BUILD SCRIPTS: upgrade it yourself, don’t wait for others
- PACKAGE DATABASE: self-maintaining, auto-generated
- DOCUMENTED: online browsing or offline grepping; powered by pandoc
- FREE: no-strings attached
Read [more][problem-solution] about the motivations behind these choices.
- download luajit
- choose/download wanted packages along with their listed dependencies
- unzip all over the same directory
- (optional) rebuild binaries
- run a demo:
This will give you an instantly portable luajit distro that will work reagardless of where you run it from. The luajit binary is in
bin/<your-platform>/ (cross-platform shell wrappers are in the root dir).
Get Started / Git Way
Alternatively you can go the git way with luapower-git which allows you to:
- clone/build everything in one shot
- keep your modules up-to-date by pulling
- create your own modules and publish them
NOTE: The listed dependencies for a package are for the modules of that package only. Associated demos and test units can sometimes have additional dependencies which are not listed, so I better tell you now: some test units need unit, and most demos need cplayer and glue.
NOTE: Packages marked
dev are either in active development or are planned for more development in the future. In any case, they are not yet ready for public consumption. Poke around of course, just don’t expect stability.
53 days ago
Edit on GitHub