2D geometry in Lua
local path = require'path'
Fast, full-featured 2D geometry library written in Lua.
Includes construction, drawing, measuring, hit testing and editing of 2D paths.
- modular, bottom-up style programming (procedural, no state, no objects)
- no dynamic allocations on most operations
- all features available under affine transformation, with fast code paths for special cases
- full support for SVG path command set and semantics and more.
See open issues.
- bounding box
- length at time t
- point at time t
- arc length parametrization (NYI)
- shortest distance from point
- inside/outside testing for closed subpaths (NYI)
- simplification (decomposing into primitive operations)
- adaptive interpolation of quad and cubic bezier curves
- polygon offseting with different line join and line cap styles (NYI)
- dash generation (NYI)
- text-to-path (NYI)
- conversion to cairo paths for drawing with cairo or with sg_cairo
- conversion to OpenVG paths for drawing with the openvg API (NYI)
- adding, removing and updating commands
- splitting of lines, curves and arcs at time t
- joining of lines, curves and arcs (NYI)
- conversion between lines, curves, arcs and composite shapes (NYI).
- direct manipulation [path editor][path2d_editor] with chained updates and constraints, making it easy to customize and extend to support new command types (WIP).
13 months ago
Edit on GitHub